To assist you in planning your participation in your show, we are certain you will appreciate knowing in advance that union labor will be required for certain aspects of your exhibit handling.
GES will have trained labor available to assist you in all aspects of the setup and dismantle of your booth and with the movement of your equipment. Union exhibit labor claims jurisdiction for the installation, dismantling and cleaning of prefabricated exhibits and displays when this work is done by persons other than full time company personnel. Exhibitors handling this work themselves must be prepared to provide proof of full time employment. Labor may be employed by completion of labor forms enclosed in the service kit. If, however, you hire any labor to assist you, it should be through the Official Services Contractor. All mechanical equipment on the trade show floor must be under the care, custody and control of GES. This includes Forklifts, Scooters, Pallet Jacks, Genie Lifts, etc. as well as all other equipment mechanical in nature.
GES has the responsibility of receiving and handling all exhibit materials and empty crates. It is their responsibility to manage docks and schedule vehicles for the smooth and efficient move-in and move-out of the exhibition. GES will not be responsible, however, for any materials they do not handle. GES will have COMPLETE control of the loading docks at all times. If you wish to unload or load, you must report to the GES Servicenter. Do not proceed to the docks until authorized to do so.
Vehicles must not be left unattended at the loading areas. Any unattended vehicles will be towed away at the owner's expense.
The Fire Marshal absolutely prohibits the storage of empty containers in the exhibit hall. Arrangements are available with to store empty crates. Please refer to the Material Handling & Shipping Information in the service kit for the handling of empties.
The following is a guideline of the work your company's staff is permitted to do:
- Transport small items to your booth by hand, or with personally owned 2-wheel carts (GES will have carts available for GES' use only). All forklifts will be operated by GES. Personally Owned Vehicles (POV's) such as cars, pick up trucks and minivans that are utilized for the unloading/loading of exhibit materials will be monitored by GES Freight Personnel. This will allow exhibitors the opportunity to unload quickly and safely into the exhibit area. All box trucks, straight trucks, personal trucks over one ton, trailers and bobtails or other larger vehicles not classified as a Personally Owned Vehicle, will be directed to the marshalling yard area for GES freight handling services.
- Unpacking and uncrating of boxes, equipment, merchandise, etc.
- Fine-tuning/calibrating your equipment and the interconnection of computers and peripherals.
- The setup of signs/graphics.
- After electrical service has been ordered and the power box delivered, you may plug in your own equipment. However, for safety reasons, if your equipment needs to be hard wired, electricians must do the work.
Craftsmen at all levels must be instructed to refrain from expressing any grievances or directly challenging the practices of any exhibitor. All questions originated by labor are to be expressed only to and/or the Exhibit Manager. Exhibitors are asked to refrain from voicing labor complaints directly to craft personnel. Any questions regarding contract labor should be directed to the Exhibit Manager or GES.
Should you have questions about the work you can perform, please contact GES or Show Management. Rates for moving shipments from the dock to your booth are located on the Material Handling Form. This form includes rates for handling shipments received at show site and at the GES warehouse.
Our work rules prohibit the SOLICITATION OR ACCEPTANCE of tips in
cash, product or gifts in kind by any employee (union or non-union). Our
employees are paid appropriate wages denoting professional status,
therefore tipping of any kind is not allowed.
Customer acknowledges that the show site and surrounding areas are
active work zones. Customer, its agents, employees and representatives
are present at their own risk.