To assist you in planning your participation in your show, we are certain you will appreciate knowing in advance that union labor will be required for certain aspects of your exhibit handling.
There are six major unions which have jurisdiction over trade shows. The following guidelines will help you in preparing your exhibit to conform to union jurisdiction. Adherence to these guidelines can save you a substantial amount of money.
Responsible for handling all material in and out of the hall. Exhibitors are permitted to carry small packages into the hall without the use of wheeled carts and /or dollies.
Responsible for handling machinery in and out of the hall. Riggers also handle the uncrating, unskidding, positioning and leveling of all machinery and reskidding of all machinery.
Responsible for uncrating of exhibits and display materials, installation and dismantle of exhibits including cabinets, fixtures, shelving units, furniture, etc. laying of floor tile, carpet, recrating of exhibits and closing of machinery crates. Installation and dismantling of scaffolding, bleachers and binding of chairs.
Responsible for hanging all non-electrical signs, drape and cloth installation and tacked fabric panels. Decorators are also responsible for Velcro signs used in a booth that requires tools or more than one person for installation.
Responsible for assembly, installation and dismantle of anything that uses electricity as a source of power. This includes electrical wiring, hook-ups, interconnections, etc.
Responsible for all plumbing work such as compressed air, water, drain or natural gas.
Exhibitors may perform the following functions as long as they are a full-time employee of the exhibiting company:
If you encounter any difficulty with any laborer or if you are not satisfied with the work performed, please bring this to the attention of Global Experience Specialists, Inc. (GES). Please refrain from voicing complaints directly to labor.
- Hand carry small items and pop-up displays. No hand trucks or carts are permitted.
- Install and dismantle displays within a 100 sq. ft. or less booth space without the use of power tools.
- Install graphics and small signs, using any other type of fastener as long as no tools or ladders are required and the total time to hang the sign does not exceed 1/2 hour.
- Remove small computers and appliance from crates or boxes provided work is done without a forklift or any power equipment.
- Make technical, electrical connections and interwire equipment for computers providing the cables do not exceed 10' in length.
- Perform simple electrical requirements, such as installing light bulbs.
Our work rules prohibit the SOLICITATION OR ACCEPTANCE of tips in
cash, product or gifts in kind by any employee (union or non-union). Our
employees are paid appropriate wages denoting professional status,
therefore tipping of any kind is not allowed.
Customer acknowledges that the show site and surrounding areas are
active work zones. Customer, its agents, employees and representatives
are present at their own risk.
GES requires the highest standards of integrity from all employees.
Please call our confidential Always Honest hotline at 800-443-4113 to
report fraudulent or unethical behavior.